QUESTION: What indicates having children, the number of children,
and happiness with children? What is the reason that some births are still
born or the couple remains childless?
Healthy and good children are a real key to peace in life.
The deeds of a person and his or her ancestors determine the way in which
the person will receive this blessing of Nature. Indeed, the whole of Nature
must work to arrange the birth and raising of a child. When a child is born
it is as if Nature makes a new world.
In Vedic Astrology children are judged from the 5th
house and its lord. In general, if the 5th house or its lord
are conjunct or aspected by benefic planets, the children will be healthy
and relations with them happy. If related to malefic planets, the opposite
will be true. Jupiter is also a Karaka (indicator) for children. If Jupiter
is strong, well-aspected, and occupies a good house, and conjunct benefic
planets, the indications of happiness with children is greatly enhanced.
If weak, badly placed or aspected, there will likely be unhappiness from
Following are some specific yogas about children.
Happiness from Children
- If the Lords of the Ascendant and the 5th
house are in their own signs or in an angle (1st, 4th,
7th, 10th) or in a trine (5th and 9th
), the person will enjoy happiness through children.
- The conjunction of the 5th lord with the Ascendant
lord in a good house will ensure early obtainment of children (apart from
happiness through them).
- If the 5th lord is exalted or in the 2nd,
5th or 9th from the ascendant or is conjunct or aspected
by Jupiter, the person is blessed with a very intelligent and holy child.
Any of the following states of the 5th lord
always ensures birth of children:
- The 5th lord in exaltation.
- The 5th lord in the 2nd/5th/9th
- The 5th lord related to Jupiter by aspect
No children/Delayed Birth/Miscarriage
- If the 5th house lord is placed in the 6th,
8th or 12th, there will be no offspring, or they
will be very delayed, or there may be miscarriage.
- If the lord of the 5th is weak, combust, or
with malefics, there will be no children. Even if children are obtained
they will quit the world soon or will not be healthy, and due to them the
parents will suffer.
- If the 5th lord is in the 6th house
and the ascendant lord is combined with Mars, the person may lose his or
her first child, after which the chances of getting a child become much
less. There may be some infection or damage, or the tube is blocked.
- If the 5th house lord is in decay and is placed
in the 6th, 8th or the 12th, and Mercury
and Ketu are in the 5th house, the person has at least one living
and very wise child after 3 or 4 miscarriages.
- If the 5th lord is weak and not aspecting
the 5th house and the combination of Saturn and Mercury is placed
in the 5th, the person is blessed with one child.
- The 5th lord in the 6th, 8th
or 12th house or in an enemys house, and Rahu in the 5th
house creates the "Snake Curse" due to which no male child can
be born due to miscarriages. Only female children are allowed safe passage.
- If the 5th house is occupied by Jupiter while
the lord of the 5th is with Venus, one will obtain an offspring
in his 32nd/33rd year.
- If the 5th lord is in an angle along with
Jupiter, the Karaka of the house, the person has children at the age of
30 or 36.
- If Jupiter is in the 9th from the ascendant
while Venus is in the 9th from Jupiter along with the ascendant
lord, the person gets a child at the age of 40.
Number of Children
- If the 9th lord is in the ascendant while
the 5th lord is in weak and Ketu is in the 5th along
with Mercury, the person usually gets one child.
- If the 5th lord is strong and Mercury, Jupiter
and Venus are in 11th house, the person is blessed with at least
- If the 4th and 6th houses are occupied
by malefics, but the 5th lord is exalted and combined with the
ascendant lord, and Jupiter is with a benefic, the couple will be blessed
with ten children.
- If Jupiter is exalted and Rahu is with the lord of the
2nd house and the 9th house is occupied by its own
lord, the person will have nine children.
- If Jupiter is in the 5th or 9th
house, and the 5th lord is strong, and the 2nd lord
is in the 10th, the person will have eight sons.
- If Saturn is in the 9th house, while the 5th
lord is in its own 5th house, the person will have seven children,
out of which twins may be born twice.
- If the 5th lord is in the 5th conjunct
the 2nd lord, there will be seven children out of which three
may be still born or will have a very short life.
Sex of Children
- If the 5th house lord is with Moon in both
the Rasi Kundali and Navamsha, the person will be blessed with daughters
- If the 5th is occupied by six planets while
5th lord is in the 12th, and the Moon and ascendant
are having good strength, it indicates that the person will adopt one issue.
- If Jupiter is lord of the 6th or 8th
or 12th house, his association (aspect or conjunction) with
the 5th lord gives a good chance of adoption or very delayed
- If the 5th is occupied by 3 or 4 malefics
and while the 5th lord is placed with an enemy planet, the person
will get a child by theft or purchase.
- If the Sun and the Moon are together (i.e., the person
is born on a moonless night) and are also combined in the Navamsha, the
person will be raised by three mothers or two fathers.
Yogas for Childlessness
Childlessness is usually regarded as a curse of deeds in
a past birth or the deeds of ones ancestors. To escape the situation,
one must satisfy the angry moment in time due to which the situation arose.
As an example we give yoga related to this and the planetary combinations
that represent it.
Sarp Shaap Suta Kshay Yog
According to Garg and Narad Naadi, Sarp Shaap yoga is the
major cause of miscarriages. According to this yoga, no male child can take
birth alive or can survive more than 3 1\2 months. We have seen that when
such yoga is found, medicine or well developed medical sciences become helpless.
Sarp Shaap Suta Mrityu yoga means death of son due to Snakes
curse. From childhood the person will experience mysterious dreams, especially
related to reptiles or snakes, etc. When the baby is in the womb and the
person sees such a dream and has any of the following yogas, it indicates
that a painless miscarriage is very near that will take away the life that
is growing in the womb.
The combinations of planets which form this yoga are as
- Rahu in the 5th house in either Aries or Scorpio
and aspected by Mars 4th aspect.
- The lord of the 5th house is associated with
Rahu, and the Moon is placed in the 5th house aspected by Saturn.
- The Karaka of the 5th house (Jupiter) is associated
with Rahu, the lord of the 5th is very weak, and the lord of
the Ascendant is with Mars.
- The Karaka of the 5th house (Jupiter) is associated
with Mars, the Ascendant is occupied by Rahu, and the lord of the 5th
house is in the 6th , 8th , or 12th house.
- Gemini or Virgo are in the 5th house, and
Mercury is in the Navamsha of Mars and also has some relation with Mars,
and the Ascendant is occupied by Rahu and Gulika. (Gulika and Mandi are
known as the "Sons of Saturn", and are calculated separately
in the basic and yearly charts
- Aries or Scorpio is in the 5th house and the
lord of the 5th is associated with Rahu or Mercury.
- If the 5th is occupied by the Sun, Saturn,
Mars, Rahu, Mercury, and Jupiter, and the lords of the 5th house
and the Ascendant are both very weak.
- If either Jupiter or the lord of the Ascendant is associated
with Rahu, and the lord of the 5th is conjunct Mars.
Order Your Personal Jyotish Horoscope